Sunday, February 19, 2017

Think Sheet

Description: Planning Think Sheet
My Name: 
  
My Topic:
1. What is my purpose for writing this essay?
2. Which pre-writing technique(s) will I use to generate ideas? 
  • freewriting
  • brainstorming
  • listing
  • clustering
  • looping
  • discussing
  • reading
  • charting
  • Wh- questions
  • outline
  • free association***
  • structured questions
  • imaginary dialog
  • audience shift
3. What do I know about my topic? 
On another sheet of paper, use the pre-writing technique(s) you marked above to generate ideas about your topic. When you are finished, staple your paper to this Think Sheet.
4. What sensory details can I think of that I might want to put in my essay? 
One very important part of a description is sensory detail. Think carefully about all the sensory details you can use to describe your person, place, object, or animal. Write them in the chart below or on your pre-writing paper: 
 
Sight 
 
 
Sound 
 
 
Touch 
 
 
Smell 
 
 
Taste 
 
 
Emotion 
 
 
When you have finished this Think Sheet, you should be ready to go on to Writing Exercise 2: Organizing Think Sheet.